We are starting to think about what we need to get for the new baby I wanted to make a list of the top baby items that I really loved and will be using again with our second baby. Most of the things we really loved, will be used again for the new baby. I love things that can be reused and passed down.
8 Baby Items You Have To Have
- Wubbanub Pacifier. It’s basically a small cute stuffed animal attached to a pacifier. Seems simple but they are amazing. We wasn’t sure about spending the $10-$15 on one at first but now we are hooked and it made things so much easier. Jace was able to find his pacifier himself and didn’t wake us up to give it too him. It is also much easier to find the pacifier when it gets thrown out of the crib or in the car. Jace loved the Levi the lion Wubbanub and we will be getting a few for our new baby girl.
- Angelcare Bath Support. I can not tell you how much I loved this baby bath. It is amazing. It is easy to keep clean and kept the baby well supported. Unlike other baby baths it can support them until they are ready to sit up in the bathtub by themselves. We used it with Jace until he was almost 9 months old. I kept it and almost 3 years later it still looks brand new and we will be using it again.
- Tommee Tippee Bottles. These bottles are great and I recommend them to everyone. I tried to breastfeed for 4 months and during most of that time I was pumping full time trying to up my supply. Jace had no problems with these bottles and I think they helped with his colic. They are super easy to clean. I also got the Tommee Tippee microwaveable bottle sterilizer and it was very easy to use. While I’m hoping I can exclusively breastfeed this time around I will have some of these bottles on hand in case it doesn’t go according to plan.
- Halo SleepSack. These are great and really keep the baby warm. You can swaddle or you can just use it as a wearable blanket. Jace hated being swaddled so we always left his arms free. Since it is not recommended to use blankets this is a great item to help keep your baby warm at night.
- Graco Pack ‘N Play Playard with Reversible Napper and Changer. This pack ‘n play is great. It worked great and was easy to use. We kept this downstairs since the crib was upstairs and this is what Jace slept in most of the time during the first year. We continued to use it for naps until he figured out how to crawl out of it when he was a little over a year old. It has stayed in great shape and we will be reusing the same one with the new baby.
- Baby Einstein Play Mat. This is the newer vision of the one that we got for Jace and will be using again. Jace had the Baby Einstein Neptune Ocean Adventure Gym which he loved and this one is very close to it. He loved the bright colors and it made tummy time a lot easier.
- Boppy Newborn Lounger. You can’t use this item for very long but it is pretty helpful if you are trying to breastfeed or want to put the baby somewhere so you can use both hands. We loved letting Jace sit in this while we talked and played with him. It’s very mobile and easy to take places. Unfortunately you can only really use this one until they start rolling over or can scoot off of it. With Jace it was about 4 months.
- Zippered PJ’s. I can not tell you how hard it can be trying to snap all the snaps on those cute newborn pj’s in a dark room after a 3am feeding. Make sure you get some zip up pj’s. They are so much easier. We got to where we only used the ones that zipped and never used all the cute snap up ones that we got as gifts.
This post is not sponsored and all opinions are my own. It does include affiliated links.